Classes and events that have been cancelled can be found on this page.
Trainees scheduled for classes that have been canceled will be notified via email and phone. If you have not received a notification that a class has been canceled, then the class is still planning to meet.
If you are sick or are showing any signs of the symptoms of COVID-19 virus, you will not be admitted to any class. If you do not feel comfortable attending a class that you are scheduled for, please send an email to INFO@aidt.edu. The email should include the following information:
- Class/Company Name
- Your Name
- Your Email you used to register for class
- A Working Phone number
- A short note that says you will not be attending class.
When we receive the email, we will notify the project manager that you will not be attending class. It is very important that you send this email. This email will allow us to put you into a different class for the same company later once the emergency conditions have been lifted. There will be absolutely no penalty to you if you chose not to attend class, but you have to let us know.
Alabama Robotic Technology Park
- All RTP classes and events are cancelled until April 17th.
Forest Workforce Training Institute
- They have postponed their first session of the “Logging Equipment Operator Training School.” Classes were scheduled to begin this class on Monday, March 23. They have made tentative plans to begin on Monday, April 13, depending of course on the situation with respect to COVID-19 at that time.
Hyundai Motors Manufacturing Alabama
- All HMMA classes are postponed until further notice.
- Lockheed Martin’s training program that was scheduled to start March 23 has been POSTPONED.
- The new training start date is now April 27, @ 5:30 pm.
Maritime Training Center
The following classes have been cancelled in an effort to limit exposure to COVID-19:
Maritime Foundations 4/14/20 – 4/30/20
OSHA General DC 4/14/20 – 4/15/20
OSHA General NC 4/21/20 – 4/23/20
OSHA Maritime DC 4/28/20 – 4/29/20
Rigging NC 4/14/20 – 4/15/20
Core DC 4/13/20 – 4/30/20
Fire Watch DC 4/7/20
Interview TIPS NC 4/1/20
Rigging DC 3/31/20
TIG Pipe 4/7/20 – 5/28/20
The following classes were suspended until further notice:
Marine Design 4/6/20 – 4/27/20 Suspended 3/17
SMAW Plate & Pipe 3/3/20 – 5/7/20 Suspended 3/17
Structural Fitting NC 2/10/20 – 5/28/20 Suspended 3/17
Structural Welding NC 2/10/20 – 5/28/20 Suspended 3/17
TIG Plate 3/3/20 – 5/7/20 Suspended 3/17
*Pipefitting 3/2/20 – 6/4/20 *Will be suspended 3/26
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing
- Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, in partnership with AIDT, is committed to the health and safety of our team members and our hometown community.
- Following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and government officials, MTM has made the decision to suspend Production and Skilled assessments at our MTM/AIDT Assessment Center from Friday, March 20, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020. We plan to resume assessments beginning on Monday, April 6, 2020. In order to accommodate your ability to reschedule, we are opening more classes throughout the coming months.
- Candidates who have scheduled an on-site assessment for Friday, March 20, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020 will receive instruction on how to reschedule appointments through email.
- We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause, but we are committed to the health and safety of everyone on site and within our community.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- SMP interviews for the foreseeable future (including the ones for this week) have been cancelled until further notice. Anyone who has received an interview invitation has been notified about this by email, and will be rescheduled for another interview at some point in the future.
- The current SMP class running at the Tuscaloosa Career Center will meet this week as scheduled.
- All SMP classes starting on or after March 23, 2020 have been indefinitely canceled. Students in these classes will be rescheduled to a new class at some point in the future.
- YKTA interviews that were scheduled on Thursday, 3/19 at the Alabama Robotic Technology Park (RTP) have been postponed.
- These interviews will be rescheduled at a later date.
Last edited: 03/30/2019 09:10am CST