AIDT in Montgomery, AL is seeking applicants for a full-time Safety Coordinator Assistant.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: September 11, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 25, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE: November 2, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on September 25, 2020, to be considered.
Research, implement, and maintain Safety programs within all AIDT facilities and personnel. Assist in providing guidance in Safety related matters for AIDT and companies we support. Work is performed with considerable independence and decision-making authority. This position involves extensive travel, both in-state and out-of-state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide industrial safety assessments including opening and closing conferences with management and AIDT projects, conduct full safety facility walkthroughs, record reviews, and prepare detailed written reports of findings and recommendations referenced to the applicable OSHA standards for AIDT facilities and companies that AIDT supports.
- Provide forklift training.
- Assist in ensuring AIDT is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
- Assist in design, build, and support construction of training aids for supported projects.
- Develop and write technical reports, findings, recommendations, and instruction manuals in areas of expertise.
- Assist in providing guidance in Safety related matters. Conduct needs analysis to assist in training for AIDT projects.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist management staff by assuming responsibilities for coordinating one or more of the following activities: planning, implementing, and directing new technology integration and acquisition of equipment for training.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Manage AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Coordinate multiple development and training projects concurrently.
- Travel in and out of state as required to perform job duties.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehend technical literature and processes.
- Demonstrate problem-solving capability for AIDT safety related issues.
- Design, develop, repair, and assist with safety related equipment at AIDT facilities.
- Interact, coordinate, and manage safety related technical training with staff, trainees, company officials, and the general public.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in workplace and industrial safety areas.
- Knowledge of industrial safety training and retraining procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on AIDT safety project needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow AIDT and State of Alabama policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to effectively provide safety assistance and training to AIDT employees.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of safety awareness.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of Salary Schedule T3-M are: Minimum three years experience in appropriate area of specialization or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer General Industry
Preferred Minimum Qualifications or Ability to Obtain:
- Overhead Crane Operator Training certification
- Powered Industrial Truck Operator Training certification
- Overhead Crane Inspector certification
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3-M salary schedule, within a range of $56,325 – $80,898. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on September 25, 2020, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18- 26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
SAFETY COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.