AIDT at the MONTGOMERY REGIONAL WORKFORCE TRAINING CENTER – (MRWTC) located in Montgomery, AL is seeking a full-time Receptionist.
February 7, 2020
February 21, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE:
April 1, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020 to be considered.
The person in this position performs daily receptionist duties for the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC), processes all filing, and provides administrative work in support of the MRWTC’ external customers and internal staff. This position requires a high level of professionalism and the ability to work with direct supervision. This position reports to the MRWTC Project Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephone calls for the MRWTC.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Stay informed about MRWTC programming and disseminate information accordingly.
- Open and distribute mail and other deliveries received at receptionist desk.
- Maintain FedEx and UPS pickup point, receive and contact addressee of FedEx, UPS, and other priority shipments received at receptionist desk.
- Transport outgoing business mail to post office and other deliveries at the end of each day, as needed.
- Make necessary visits to AIDT Centers.
- Perform all filing duties for the MRWTC.
- Process requests to obtain office and other supplies to support MRWTC needs.
- Maintain ongoing office supply levels in storage area.
- Prepare receipts of incoming funds for Finance Division.
- Perform administrative support work for Machine Shop Instructor.
- Perform duties including but not limited to typing, editing, processing, copying, categorizing, and filing of letters, memos, forms, reports, notes, and other internal and external documentation and communications as required.
- Assist in scheduling meetings, interviews, classes, seminars, conferences, appointments, etc. as required.
- Assist other administrative staff with work projects as required.
- Request quotes and other required paperwork from vendors and forward to appropriate person for issuance of purchase order.
- Maintain office equipment operations and report needed office machinery service to appropriate vendor.
- Maintain Trainee records.
- Assist Administration with information about cellular accounts, equipment orders, and invoices.
- Accept other special projects and perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Must maintain a highly professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance (regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes, including filing skills.
- Skilled in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work.
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems. Macintosh computer experience preferred; hands-on computer experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to maintain a highly professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule E5 are: High School diploma or GED certificate and one year additional college training in appropriate area of specialization required; or two years work experience in appropriate area of specialization required.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E5 salary schedule, within a range of $30,944 – $45,766. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
RECEPTIONIST – MRWTC
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.