AIDT NCCER Weld – Instructor
at the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC).
A minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in the appropriate area of specialization, or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization. The knowledge and ability to instruct in the required pre-employment training skills. Must hold current NCCER Instructor certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public. Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes. Knowledge of pre-employment training program skill requirements. Knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible days, nights, weekends, and hours based on program needs.
- Implement lesson plans, exercises, and examinations.
- Organize and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for classroom and/or practical instruction.
- Conduct classroom training sessions and/or in-lab practical instruction using modern instructional techniques. Maintain records of daily attendance and test grades.
- Evaluate the progress of the class.
- Deliver NCCER Welding – Level 1 certification training to trainees attending the MRWTC NCCER Weld program.
- Maintain trainee records and keep secured at all times.
- Enter information for trainees in NCCER Registry and update records as needed.
- Consistently identify common core and technical strengths /weaknesses of trainees.
- Provide feedback to project/center manager of training progress of each individual trainee.
- Provide project/center manager detailed program changes and/or modifications necessary to meet the needs of Clients, Industry and trainees.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Assist with coordinating training with Clients.
Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.) Communicates professionally and respectfully, with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public. Coordinates and accounts for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Salary & General
This is a hourly pay position with wage being determined based on the business type and program support to be provided. Wage is paid monthly. Benefits are available for instructors who meet the eligibility requirements. Please follow the instructions provided. Interviews are by appointment only and candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted by AIDT at the contact information on the application to schedule a potential appointment. Applicants must travel to interviews at their own expense. All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
Criminal Background Check
The applicant/s chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Drivers License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Employment will be contingent upon clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Send detailed resume to: Info@mrwtc.org
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of