AIDT and the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC) in Montgomery, AL is seeking contract NCCER Certified Weld Trainer.
Compensation: $25 – $30.00 per hour
Application Deadline: June 13, 2021
Alabama Industrial Development Training is seeking a NCCER Certified Weld Trainer for instruction at the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC). A person in this position provides consultation, training, and training services to assist AIDT / MRWTC with Safety, Operations, Programming and Maintenance Weld Training in NCCER Level I Welding.
Training will take place approximately 3:30pm – 7:30pm.
Activities of the position are supervised by the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design, develop, coordinate, implements and instruct theory and practical training, following NCCER guidelines. Establish safety and operational training as required. Stay up-to-date on NCCER programming and material changes. Researches new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Safety is top priority at this site and the trainer must be NCCER certified and will be able to instruct NCCER safety classes as required.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Deliver NCCER Welding -Level 1 certification training to trainees attending the MRWTC NCCER Weld program.
- Maintain trainee records and keep secured at all times.
- Enter information for trainees in NCCER Registry and update records as needed.
- Consistently identify common core and technical strengths /weaknesses of trainees.
- Provide feedback to MRWTC project manager of training progress of each individual trainee.
- Provide MRWTC project manager detailed program changes and/or modifications necessary to meet the needs of Clients, Industry and trainees.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Assist with coordinating training with Clients.
- Prepare instructional materials in the above subject areas using computer skills in word processors, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Develop course lesson plans, and exercises.
- Administer NCCER written and practical examinations to trainees in numerous different skill areas.
- Design, develop, and construct training material and aides for numerous skill areas.
- Evaluate, report, and make recommendations on trainee progress.
- Perform duties with considerable independence and decision-making authority with a minimum of supervision.
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations in areas of expertise.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance and workplace ethics.
- Communicates professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials and the general public.
- Contributes to and extracts from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
- Coordinates and accounts for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Comprehend technical literature and processes.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations. OSHA 30 Hour Class completion required.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate and current NCCER Weld certification. A minimum of two additional years of training from a two-year technical college in appropriate area of specialization; A four-year degree preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of work experience in welding and 2 years training in NCCER welding program is required.
Additionally, all potential Weld Trainers must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles.
Salary and General:
Initial salary will be based on experience and education.
Resumes received after 5:00 p.m. on June 13, 2021, will not be accepted for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references and grade transcripts may be requested during the application process.
Send detailed resume to:
Subject line: NCCER Certified Weld Trainer
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.