AIDT CNC/Machine Shop – Instructor
at the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC).
A minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in the appropriate area of specialization, or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization. The knowledge and ability to instruct in the required pre-employment training skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public. Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes. Knowledge of pre-employment training program skill requirements. Knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible days, nights, weekends, and hours based on program needs.
- Implement lesson plans, exercises, and examinations.
- Organize and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for classroom and/or practical instruction.
- Conduct classroom training sessions and/or in-lab practical instruction using modern instructional techniques. Maintain records of daily attendance and test grades.
- Evaluate the progress of the class.
- Work in cooperation with various institutions, agencies, and organizations to promote the various AIDT programs.
- Define learning objectives, prepares and teaches classes, creates a student-oriented learning environment, and evaluate student learning in assigned courses.
- Machine parts to specifications using conventional machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers and grinders.
- Set-up, adjust and operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Use precision measuring instruments to create and inspect parts to print specifications.
- Provide training in Computer Numerical Controls and programming.
- Assist in coordinate classroom reservations and setup for training programs, meeting, and events.
- Track and maintain inventory: equipment, tools and supplies.
- Organize, manage, and maintain records, documentation, and forms of all classes.
- Must be able to travel in state as needed.
Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.) Communicates professionally and respectfully, with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public. Coordinates and accounts for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Salary & General
This is a hourly pay position with wage being determined based on the business type and program support to be provided. Wage is paid monthly. Benefits are available for instructors who meet the eligibility requirements. Please follow the instructions provided. Interviews are by appointment only and candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted by AIDT at the contact information on the application to schedule a potential appointment. Applicants must travel to interviews at their own expense. All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
Criminal Background Check
The applicant/s chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Drivers License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Employment will be contingent upon clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Send detailed resume to: Info@mrwtc.org
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of this position.