East AlabamaWorks! is seeking a Workforce Program Coordinator, responsible for assisting the Director in coordinating, and executing workforce development efforts in the region.
East AlabamaWorks has partnered with the Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama (CFNEA) to serve as our fiscal sponsor. The Workforce Program Coordinator will be an employee of CFNEA and work in the CFNEA office located in Anniston, Alabama and will be expected to travel between the seven counties of the workforce region as needed and occasionally beyond the borders of the region.
East AlabamaWorks serves: Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Etowah, Randolph and Talladega counties.
FLSA Status is Exempt / Salaried
I. Job Relations:
- Reports To: Director of East AlabamaWorks
- Frequent contact with other staff members, board members, volunteers, sponsors, civic and business leaders, agencies and their staffs, media representatives, and the general public.
- Provides administrative support for the organization as directed by the Director including, but not limited to: maintains current contact data on volunteers and resource providers, prepares and distributes materials for meetings, communicates meeting details and handles follow up (RSVP’s) through Constant Contact or other communication platform, collects data and develops reports;
- Regularly works with middle and secondary schools with age appropriate presentations designed to support the issues reported by business and industry and provide organizational help to high school career fairs;
- Researches and pursues potential public and private workforce development funding opportunities for the region through grant opportunities;
- Organizes and executes BEST Robotics for East Alabama Hub including school recruitment, event funding, volunteer recruitment and event operations;
- Supports workforce development events including but not limited to Worlds of Work, Regional Hiring Fair, Industry Tours and other programs and services of the organization;
- Meets project goals including outcomes;
- Performs such other tasks and duties, including coordinating special projects, which are consistent with goals of East AlabamaWorks.
A. Education: Associate’s degree or higher from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Service preferred in one of the following:
- private / public sector management
- human resources
- Previous grant writing experience is ideal;
- An understanding of workforce and / or economic development is preferred.
C. Special Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Skillful in digital technology, including email and Microsoft Office programs PowerPoint, Excel and Word, and social media updates;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing, editing and making presentations to groups and individuals;
- Strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills; exceptional integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality with proprietary information;
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism and adaptable to change as the workforce needs and areas of focus change;
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal daily supervision;
- Thinks innovatively to offer new ideas, concepts and solutions;
- Successful candidate must pass background check, including credit check, driving record and drug screening;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and transportation; and
- Works cooperatively and positively with all staff members of East AlabamaWorks and CFNEA, board and council members and promotes an environment of excellence and teamwork.
IV. Physical Demands and Working Conditions: A workspace is provided with the necessary resources and equipment. Physical activities involve walking in the office, keyboard and computer use, travel to meetings and business related activities, reading, filing, bending, occasional light lifting, and moving and set up of equipment before, during and after meetings and events.
V. Hours of Work:
- The position is full-time 40 hours per week. Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Workforce Program Coordinator is occasionally required to work varied hours, evenings or weekends to accommodate committee, board, events or other needs of East AlabamaWorks.
- Occasional overnight, out-of-town travel is required. Travel expense is covered on a reimbursement schedule and basis.
VI. Compensation: The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience and a compensation package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K contribution
- Long term disability
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Paid holidays
VII. Other Duties: This position description is an accurate summary of the Workforce Program Coordinator for East AlabamaWorks duties and responsibilities; however, he/she may be called upon to assume other duties as assigned.
VIII. Application Process:
- Email a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
- Application deadline is Noon on Tuesday, June 25, 2019
East AlabamaWorks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). It is the policy of East AlabamaWorks that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. East AlabamaWorks will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. East AlabamaWorks reserves the right to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.