AIDT in Montgomery, AL (preferred) is seeking a full-time Web Applications Developer.
Locations within north and south Alabama will be considered.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: February 26, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 19, 2021
PROJECTED START DATE: May 3, 2021
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 19, 2021, to be considered.
Designs and develops dynamic web applications in support of AIDT processes. Uses a combination of open source and proprietary database tools to develop and maintain web- based systems. Applies analytical skills, is self-directed, has a strong team ethic, and pays close attention to details. Works cooperatively with staff to develop and support computing services and business processes. Interacts in a positive and professional manner with end users. After-hours work will be required occasionally for system maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applications Design, Development, Delivery and Maintenance:
- Learn and use modern SPA development tools such as Vue.js and integrate these tools into our existing development stack.
- Use agile development techniques to ensure code quality and meet customer needs.
- Use Git to manage production code releases and collaboratively develop software.
- Install, configure, secure and support SQL databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Coordinate with IT Manager and Software Development Manager on requirements and possible solutions for AIDT’s information needs.
- Ensure that AIDT’s software follows state and federal guidelines and regulations, such as securing sensitive data.
- Document code appropriately and maintain system documentation for end-users.
- Provide customer service, including end-user support, training, trouble-shooting and
- problem-solving, for web-based applications and supporting tools.
- Communicate with users of custom applications to gather feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Interact with vendors to obtain product information.
- Prioritize and schedule development projects and related training according to AIDT’s needs and the expected benefits.
- Perform in a heterogeneous computing environment, including macOS, Linux/UNIX, and Windows; use Linux/UNIX command-line tools and commands as necessary.
- Keep abreast of industry developments related to computing in general and open source development tools and techniques in particular.
- Work cooperatively with other IT team members to evaluate and develop system enhancements.
Special Assignments and Projects:
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects, and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Actively participate as a member of the IT Division, including planning and coordinating IT work, suggesting and implementing initiatives, etc.
- Provide required support to other employees.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintains housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interacts professionally with coworkers, general public, and others as required.
- Document procedures and other activities likely to be carried out by other IT staff.
- Complies with AIDT policy regarding attendance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
- Knowledge of agile software engineering methods.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Skill in use of Linux/UNIX command-line utilities.
- Skill in debugging and problem-solving techniques.
- Skill in designing intuitive, easy-to-use user interfaces.
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain information systems.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a heterogeneous computer/network environment.
- Ability to work well with end users and team members and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, management, applicants/trainees, company representatives and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple functions and projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
*Experience with 4D (4th Dimension) development platform and Active4D scripting strongly preferred. Job will require developing new applications as well as maintaining an existing 4D/Active4D system.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of salary schedule C3U are: Minimum four years experience in appropriate area of specialization or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in area of specialization and three years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3U salary schedule, within a range of $62,096 – $90,695. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $23.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $23.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 19, 2021, to be considered.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR ASSISTANT
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.