AIDT at the Bill Taylor Institute – MBUSI in Vance, AL is seeking applicants for a full-time Technical Training Coordinator.
($53,730 – $69,453)
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: March 17, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: May 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 31, 2023 to be considered. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Provide expertise in the development, design, construction, maintenance, documentation, and implementation of training programs for assigned department(s) at Mercedes-Benz (MB); Work is performed with considerable independence and decision-making authority; Constant interaction with MB team members and management is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as training contact for assigned department(s) and understand MB processes and training needs within assigned department(s), including but not limited to Facilities Maintenance and Paint Department. Consult with assigned department manager(s) as needed to determine training needs and approaches to training. Assist assigned department(s) to complete regulatory training requirements as needed.
- Develop/instruct safety and technical classes for MBUSI and suppliers as required, including but not limited to Forklift, Manlift, Rigging and Lifting, Fall Protection, Lockout Tagout Authorized, Overhead Crane, and Mobile Crane.
- Create, maintain, update, and take ownership of all training documents (existing and under development) in area(s) of expertise and be responsible for storing electronically on a designated network drive.
- Provide training budget information to assigned department(s) as requested.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve competitive pricing for all purchased training. Coordinate classes with vendors and internal customers.
- Perform all duties as needed throughout Alabama and, on occasion, out of state. In-state travel; some out-of-state travel necessary.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and priorities with competing deadlines as the demands from assigned department(s) evolve.
- Perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Establish schedule of anticipated classes for assigned department(s).
- Create class in training database and enroll participants into class.
- Send class schedules, invitations, confirmations, and reminders to requestor(s).
- Collect and analyze class evaluation forms and monitor classes by participation, when necessary, to determine quality of facilitators.
- Monitor classes in training database for enrollees to determine if cancellation is appropriate.
- Complete classes in training database to provide credit for attendees.
- Secure training location for on-site classes by completing proper paperwork.
- Ensure training location is set up according to instructor’s request and communicate safety plan/expectations/contact number/etc. with instructor on first day of training.
- Coordinate and schedule external and internal training classes.
- Order all necessary training materials for classes.
- Request quote and other required paperwork from vendor and forward to appropriate person for issuance of purchase order.
- Add classes to electronic training calendar.
- Update electronic training catalog as necessary.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties.
- Develop cross-training of other AIDT employees and part-time instructors, if needed.
- Perform all other duties as required by AIDT.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude with co-workers and with all MB team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
- Skill in use of MS Office, particularly Word, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Skill in problem solving techniques.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present training information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Willingness to remain flexible to train at location and support times requested by the customer, including but not limited to the Mercedes Training Center, Vehicle Plant, or Battery Plant.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Teaching Experience
- Maintenance Technician Experience
- Mobile Crane Operator Experience
- Fall Protection Experience
- Planning Experience
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E1 salary schedule, within a range of $53,730 – $69,453. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on March 31, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
TECHNICAL TRAINING COORDINATOR – BTI
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR, AD OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.