AIDT at the Bill Taylor Institute – MBUSI, located in Vance, AL, is seeking a full-time Technical Training Coordinator/ Welding Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: September 20, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 11, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: December 2, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on October 11, 2019, to be considered.
Provide technical expertise in the consultation, development, design, construction, maintenance and documentation of training programs for various departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with departments to determine training needs analysis.
- Design, develop, and facilitate training programs in various skills including, but not limited to: welding (GMAW, MIG Brazing, SMAW and GTAW), forklift, mechanics, mobile crane, overhead crane, frame assembly skills, blueprint reading, schematics, and other automotive specialty programs.
- Work with SMEs and training representatives to ensure conformity of all programs.
- Order, organize, and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for course instruction.
- Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies for troubleshooting, analysis, design and program implementation.
- Equip and maintain training facilities to simulate automotive working environment.
- Coordinate classes with outside vendors on specialized equipment or parts when required.
- Work with vendors to achieve competitive pricing for all purchased training.
- Work with MBUSI, the Project Manager, other instructors, and administrative staff to ensure cooperation, positive attitude, and continuous improvement.
- Participate in AIDT and MBUSI meetings when required.
- Assist in developing any forms/templates/documentation required.
- Perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities with competing deadlines.
- Interview, select, train, and supervise part-time instructors for use in various training classes if required.
- Research and offer continuous improvement projects for the welding shop and training options.
- Assist with pre-employment when needed (equipment repairs, ordering replacement parts, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as required by AIDT.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental, and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient using computers; Windows, MS Office, Lotus Notes, and other software programs as required.
- Design, develop, and present training program curriculum: course lesson plans, exercises, projects, and examinations.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to safely operate office equipment: computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and any specific job related equipment.
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes. Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Skill in problem solving techniques.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with staff, trainees, company officials, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively supervise others in the coordination of assigned responsibilities if required.
- Knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work independently or as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to advise and manage staff members if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule T3L are: Minimum five years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3L salary schedule, within a range of $54,570 – $71,498. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on October 11, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
TECHNICAL TRAINING COORDINATOR/WELDING INSTRUCTOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.