AIDT at the Alabama Workforce Training Center (AWTC) Located in Birmingham, AL is seeking applicants for (full-time) Technical Specialist/PLC Trainer.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: June 21, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 12, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: September 3, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on July 12, 2019 to be considered.
Provide technical development, consultation, training, and training services to assist AIDT and the Alabama Workforce Training Center (AWTC) with Safety, Operations, Programming, and Maintenance Training in PLC Maintenance. Activities of the position are supervised by the Project Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, coordinate, implement, and instruct PLC Technical Training Programs in industrial electricity, electronics, variable frequency drives, and programmable logic controllers (OMRON, ROCKWELL, MOTOMAN, KUKA, FANUC).
- After 18 months, be able to teach all basic classes in Programmable Logic Controllers/Variable Frequency Drives/Electrical Maintenance & Troubleshooting at the AWTC.
- Research new training techniques and suggest enhancements to existing training programs.
- Contract with vendors for employee participation in outside training programs.
- Be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Possess extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of tasks and operational inspections.
- Possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Prepare instructional materials in the above subject areas using computer skills in word processors, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Develop course lesson plans, exercises, and practical/written examinations.
- Administer written and practical examinations to trainees in numerous different skill areas.
- Design, develop, and construct training material and aides for numerous skill areas.
- Evaluate, report, and make recommendations on trainee progress.
- Coordinate and track course schedules for AIDT/AWTC.
- Perform duties with considerable independence and decision-making authority with a minimum of supervision.
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations in areas of expertise.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics. Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
- Coordinate and account for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Comprehend technical literature and procedures.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations. OSHA 30-Hour Certificate required.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Responsible for all inspections on equipment required for daily operation.
- Ability to travel, when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- All candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate. A minimum of two additional years of training from a two-year business/technical college in an appropriate area specialization; a four year degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in curriculum development and PLC training required.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet the minimum policy requirements to be issued to operate AIDT vehicles.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General: Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3M salary schedule, within a range of $54,159 – $77,787. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on July 12, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
Technical Specialist/ PLC Trainer
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.