AIDT at the Bill Taylor Institute – MBUSI, located in Vance, AL, is seeking applicants for a (full-time) Technical Automotive-Electrical Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: June 28, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 19, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: September 2, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on July 19, 2019, to be considered.
Provide technical instruction and coordination in support of the Institute’s internal apprenticeship program(s); technical programs; maintenance gap training; electrical, digital, networks, automotive electronics, and any other training identified, as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver effective instruction in area(s) of expertise.
- Conduct excellent classroom training sessions and in-lab practical instruction, using specific software and hardware tools.
- Develop required curriculum: course lesson plans, exercises, projects, and examinations.
- Order, organize, and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for course instruction.
- Coordinate classes with outside vendors or internal training on specialized equipment or parts when required.
- Evaluate student performance: maintain student records of attendance and grades, both electronic and hard copies, as required; collect, evaluate, and record daily student journals; professionally inform students of their progress throughout the course(s).
- Work with MBUSI, the Project Manager, and the MAP Coordinator, and within the MAP group to ensure cooperation, positive attitude, and continuous improvement.
- Assist in developing and administering class schedules.
- Assist in the placement of program graduates, when required.
- Perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Perform all other duties as required by AIDT.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Windows OS & file system, Internet Explorer, and email.
- Excellent instructional skills; ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to create complex class schedules based on availability of multiple resources such room, instructors, and equipment to meet program needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet competing deadlines as demands evolve.
- Ability to safely operate office equipment: computers, printers, scanners, copiers, and other specific job related equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend technical literature and processes; knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies; knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental, and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to learn and train new, emerging technologies.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Specific Technical Skills:
- Design, develop, and present training program curriculum in various skills including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, electronic, automation, print interpretation, troubleshooting, and other automotive specialty areas are required.
- Knowledge of the following additional skills is preferred: pneumatics, hydraulics, sensors, and other automotive manufacturing technologies.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule T3L are: Minimum five years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
• A current Alabama driver’s license is required for employment with AIDT.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,748. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on July 19, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
TECHNICAL AUTOMOTIVE-ELECTRICAL INSTRUCTOR ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.