SMP in Cottondale, AL is hosting a Job Fair for Production Team Members.
$18+ /hour (based on experience)
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 | 9am – 1pm
Production Team Members will build components from raw materials through to finalized product that is shipped out to our customers. Work may take place over several different areas within the plant. Hourly team members will learn and be responsible for a variety of team functions in the manufacturing, assembly, quality and logistics department. SMP is an innovative supplier of modules and complete systems that specializes in cockpits, door panels and bumpers for the automotive industry.
Daily operations will include hourly team members in assembly, injection molding, lamination, paint shop, logistics and quality. Extensive training will take place for new hourly team members.
Education / Skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Team building and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic about learning, willing to cross train, and open to new ideas.
- May be required to lift up 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work standing for 8 to 12 hours with company scheduled rest breaks.
- SMP is looking for people with manufacturing experience (automotive and/or injection molding experience a plus) as well as those who are interested in the automotive field and would like to learn the industry.
Hours / Work Conditions
- Friendly, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Rotating Shift Schedule
- A shift 6am-3pm +OT
- B shift 6pm-3am +OT
In addition to a competitive salary, SMP offers a team member benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurances, as well as short/long term disability options. 401k plan with a company match, paid holidays and vacation/PTO time.
Applicants previously not considered must reapply. Applications will be available periodically over the next several days and will be closed as soon as the desired number of applications are received.