AIDT at the Robotics Technology Park (RTP) located in Tanner, AL is seeking applicants for a full-time Safety Coordinator Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: July 24, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 14, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE: October 1, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on August 14, 2020, to be considered.
Research, implement, and maintain Safety programs within North Alabama AIDT/RTP facilities and personnel. Work within guidelines of standards set forth by AIDT Safety Manager. Assist in providing guidance in Safety related matters for RTP. Work is performed with considerable independence and decision-making authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety Support and Instruction:
- Provide forklift, OSHA 10/30 and over-head crane training.
- Assist in ensuring AIDT/RTP is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHSA) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
- Assist in design, build, and support construction of training aids for classes.
- Develop and write technical reports, findings, recommendations, and instruction manuals in areas of expertise.
- Assist in providing guidance in Safety related matters. Conduct needs analysis to assist in training for AIDT/RTP.
- Provide additional instruction in other areas trained if needed.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist management staff by assuming responsibilities for coordinating one or more of the following activities: planning, implementing, and directing new technology integration and acquisition of equipment for training in many different areas that may be needed at RTP.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Manage AIDT resources within assigned area concurrently.
- Travel in and out of state as required to perform job duties, which include training.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehend technical literature and processes.
- Demonstrate problem-solving capability for AIDT safety related issues.
- Design, develop, repair, and assist with safety related equipment at AIDT/RTP.
- Interact, coordinate, and manage safety related technical training with staff, company officials, and trainees at RTP.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in workplace and industrial safety areas.
- Knowledge of industrial safety training and retraining procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on AIDT needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple programs concurrently.
- Ability to follow AIDT and State of Alabama policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to effectively provide safety assistance and training to AIDT/RTP employees.
- Ability to maintain a constant state of safety awareness.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of Salary Schedule C3-M are: Minimum three years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications or Ability to Obtain:
- Powered Industrial Truck Operator Training certification
- CDL A class
- CPR Safety
- Ability to understand how to read construction blueprints
- OSHA outreach trainer certification
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama
Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3-M salary schedule, within a range of $56,325 – $80,898. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on August 14, 2020, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18- 26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
One Technology Court
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.