AIDT at the ROBOTICS TECHNOLOGY PARK (RTP) located in Tanner, AL is seeking a full-time Robotics/PLC Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 31, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 21, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE: April 1, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020, to be considered.
Perform responsible technical coordination and training to Alabama industries in the area of Robotics and related automation equipment. Work involves providing technical consultation, training/instructing, and related services that accomplishes the mission of the Robotics Technology Park (RTP). This person will participate as a team member in the implementation of the Park’s mission, vision, and strategic plan in conjunction with the Executive Advisory Board, RTP staff, and AIDT Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide industry specific consultation to Alabama companies in area of automation.
- Design and deliver company specific training to Alabama industry.
- Design, develop, coordinate, implement, and instruct robotic technical training programs in coordination with vendor specific training needs.
- Establish safety and robotic training as required.
- Establish training methods in programming, electrical, and mechanical robotic training.
- Teach all basic robotics programs of each vendor on site.
- Research new and evolving training techniques and suggest/recommend enhancements to existing training programs.
- Contract with vendors for employee participation in outside training programs and be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Prepare instructional materials in the above subject areas using computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Develop course lesson plans, exercises, and practical/written examinations.
- Administer written and practical examinations to trainees in numerous different skill areas.
- Design, develop, and construct training material and aides for numerous skill areas.
- Evaluate, report, and make recommendations on trainee progress.
- Coordinate and track course schedules for all AIDT instructors with RTP personnel.
- Perform duties with considerable independence and decision-making authority with a minimum of supervision.
- Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations in areas of expertise.
- Perform special projects and other work related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance and workplace ethics as set out in RTP Policy and AIDT Policy.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials and the general public.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
- Coordinate and account for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT and RTP processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend technical literature and processes.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a company, classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Ability to perform effectively in a “team” environment.
- Ability to schedule, organize, and conduct team staff meetings.
- Ability to inspect and perform operator and intermediate level maintenance on assigned equipment.
- AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3M are: Minimum three years experience in appropriate area of specialization or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
- A minimum of five years of combined Robotic Welding work experience, curriculum development, or Robotic Welding training is preferred. An OSHA 30-Hour Certification is preferred.
- The ability to attain vendor “certified trainer status” after two years of instructing/training is required.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $56,325 – $80,898. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.