AIDT, located in Montgomery, AL, is seeking applicants for a (full-time) MTU Driver/Project Support Assistant.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: March 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 22, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: May 1, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 22, 2019, to be considered.
Primary Driver for Mobile Training Units (MTU) and other duties requiring a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Perform routine maintenance on tractors. Perform maintenance and repair of MTU’s. Perform other work-related duties in Project Support. Position will be based in Montgomery but will require occasional instate, overnight travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport and setup Mobile Training Units (MTU) across Alabama.
- Operate various hand and power tools.
- Assist with assembly and installation of equipment.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of MTU’s.
- Assist with Facility maintenance. Work Habits:
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess and maintain a Class A CDL.
- Ability to operate equipment used in position, including forklift and aerial lift.
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to work independently or with others.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of Salary Schedule T3-L are: Minimum five years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization. Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and 5 years experience as a Class A CDL driver required.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3-L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,748. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on March 22, 2019, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18- 26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
MTU DRIVER/PROJECT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.