AIDT located in Vance, Alabama is seeking applicants for a full-time Project Manager at the Bill Taylor Institute.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: July 24, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 14, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE: October 1, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on August 14, 2020 to be considered.
In cooperation with MBUSI staff & utilizing AIDT staff and resources, coordinate work force recruitment, selection, training and development programs, including both community and high school apprenticeship programs, for Mercedes Benz U.S. International (MBUSI) within the state of Alabama; Partners with MBUSI and AIDT for direction in the management of the Bill Taylor Institute (BTI) and AIDT staff; Work is performed with considerable independence and decision- making authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine trainee-screening criteria.
- Generate recruiting ads.
- Collect and screen trainee applications.
- Establish interviewing schedule.
- Interview potential trainees with company personnel.
- Coordinate correspondence to applicants and trainees.
- Determine appropriate number of trainees to select for training.
- Determine appropriate number of training classes and programs to run concurrently.
- Remain current on employment laws.
- Perform job/task analysis and coordinate the development of lesson plans and outlines and other training documentation.
- Recruit, select, and train instructors, assessors, developers, and additional staff.
- Assist in identifying and acquiring training resources.
- Communicate professionally with company representatives, government officials, the general public and staff.
- Negotiate provisions of the Agreement to ensure AIDT policy and financial guidelines are followed.
- Develop project time line based on client staffing schedule.
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of all aspects of the training program and supporting processes for quality and effectiveness, making adjustments and changes when necessary.
Bill Taylor Institute (BTI) Management
- Coordinate multiple training programs and diverse objectives concurrently.
- Manage AIDT resources within the BTI and assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluate and counsel trainees; dropping them from programs when necessary.
- Evaluate instructors, assessors, interviewers, and other staff necessary to the project. • Revise training programs as needed.
- Maintain positive working relationship with company personnel.
- Ensure programs are conducted within the provisions of the LOC and AIDT guidelines. • Travel extensively in and out of state as required performing job duties.
- Plan and document daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain project schedule, reports, outlines, etc.
- Process project invoices and roll sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Recruit, interview, and train additional staff as necessary.
- Supervise AIDT project team on site – to include day-to-day supervision and support, training and development of staff and annual evaluations.
- Supervise part-time pre-employment staff including manager, team leaders, instructors and assessors
- Work with all vendors and suppliers of goods and services to the training center.
- Provide ongoing updates and information to MBUSI training manager and other company officials.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with coworkers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws that apply to recruitment, selection and training.
- Knowledge of human resource management procedures as they apply to the sound operations of business and industry.
- Knowledge of basic technical processes.
- Skill in technical training development and administration.
- Skill in subjective and objective evaluations of programs and people.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups in a business setting, auditorium, classroom, lab or shop environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple training projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of salary schedule C2 are: Minimum five years supervision/coordination experience in industry, industrial training, industrial education, technical or administrative fields. Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required, preferably in appropriate area of specialization.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Drivers License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C2 salary schedule, within a range of $70,025 – $104,744. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on August 14, 2020, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
PROJECT MANAGER – BILL TAYLOR INSTITUTE
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.