AIDT at the Alabama Robotics Technology Park in Tanner, AL is seeking applicants for a full-time PLC Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 6, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: March 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on January 27, 2023 to be considered.
Provide coordination and instruction for robotic PLC training at Robotics Technology Park (RTP). Responsible for developing and training in industry-needed areas related to robotic PLC with other related areas included as needed. Participate as a team member in the implementation of the Park’s mission, vision, and strategic plan in conjunction with the Executive Advisory Board, RTP staff, and AIDT Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work to enhance the role, scope, and mission of RTP. This will include working with the robot/automation vendors, educational, community, and industry partners to implement training and education strategies related to industry needs in robotics and advanced manufacturing.
- Obtain and maintain industry credentials in vendor specific certifications as needed for PLC.
- Develop a class schedule and administer course offerings.
- Maintain equipment in specified areas related to instruction area.
- Work with industry to maintain open lines of communication of needs and trends.
- Work with appropriate RTP staff to maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies for troubleshooting, analysis, design, and program implementation.
- Assist with mobile training unit when needed.
- Perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Work with RTP staff and AIDT Management directly to meet the needs of new and existing Alabama industry as it relates to manual and robotic technology training. , Work Habits:
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in RTP Policy and AIDT Policy.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with RTP policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled in problem-solving techniques.
- Knowledge in maintaining, setting up, and using different robotic equipment.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with company officials, trainees, other service providers, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend and translate technical literature and processes.
- Skilled in subjective and objective evaluations of people and projects.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups in a classroom, shop, or lab environment.
- Ability to travel overnight when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently, or as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3M are: Minimum three years’ experience in appropriate area of specialization or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in area of specialization and two years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
- Prior experience in one or more areas required: Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Advanced Technology R&D, Robotics, or Enterprise Development.
- Strong visioning capability and commitment to mission.
- Instructor experience.
- Hands on experience with PLC technology.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $59,750– $85,817. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on January 27, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site.
Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.