The Alabama Robotics Technology Park (RTP) located in Tanner, Alabama is seeking applicants for a full-time MTU Driver and Events Assistant.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: May 10, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: August 1, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on May 31, 2019, to be considered.
Primary Driver for Mobile Training Units (MTU) at Robotics Technology Park (RTP) and other duties required in assisting with MTU events requiring a Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL). Perform routine maintenance on MTU. Position will be based in Tanner/Decatur but will require occasional instate overnight travel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport and setup MTU at various event sites across Alabama.
- Operate various hand and power tools.
- Assist MTU Event Coordinator with all events.
- Assist with maintenance and repair of MTU.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in RTP Policy and the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with RTP policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess and maintain a Class A CDL.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to travel overnight when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently, or as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Accept special projects and perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Class A CDL
- 5 years experience as a Class A CDL driver
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3-L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,748. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on May 30, 2019, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18- 26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
MTU DRIVER/EVENTS ASSISTANT
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or
employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.