AIDT at the Montgomery Regional Workforce Training Center (MRWTC) in Montgomery, AL is seeking applicants for a contract Machine Shop Instructor.
Compensation: $25-$35 per hour
May 25, 2021
June 13, 2021
PROJECTED START DATE:
July 1, 2021
The Machine Shop Instructor will provide instruction in basic machine shop operations including safety, measuring instruments, lathes, and milling machines. The instructor will work with various MRWTC partner agencies and companies to ensure we stay current and on task to meet the needs of business and industry. Activities of the position are supervised by the Project Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in cooperation with various institutions, agencies and organizations to promote the MRWTC and its program.
- Define learning objectives, prepares and teaches classes, creates a student-oriented learning environment, and evaluate student learning in assigned courses.
- Machine parts to specifications using conventional machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers and grinders.
- Set-up, adjust and operate basic or specialized machine tools used to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Use precision measuring instruments to create and inspect parts to print specifications.
- Assist in coordinate classroom reservations and setup for training programs, meeting, and MRWTC related events.
- Track and maintain inventory: equipment, tools and supplies.
- Organize, manage, and maintain records, documentation, and forms of all MRWTC classes.
- Work with MPS on security and building access.
- Perform such other task and duties, which are consistent with goals of MRWTC as
- Must be able to travel in state and out-of-state as needed.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the MRWTC.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public and others as required.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Must maintain a clean and safe shop area at all times.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies at all times.
- Comply with MRWTC policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and proficiency in conventional machine operations: Mill and Lathe.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and GD&T symbols.
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds for machining all types of metals.
- Ability to use micrometers, electronic gauges, calipers and similar tools/equipment.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Skill in subjective and objective evaluations of programs and people.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and minimum of (5) five years of experience as a machinist in the manufacturing industry.
- Skill in journey-level machinist or equivalent.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum three years of experience in appropriate area of specialization; or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in specialization and two years of industry or industrial training experience.
Any of the following Instructor Certifications: Snap-On, MSSC, NIMS, NCCER
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $24.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $24.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
$25-$35 per hour
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on June 13, 2021, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested.
Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Please send detailed resumes to the following email address:
Subject line: Machine Shop Instructor
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.