AIDT located in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking applicants for a full-time Leadership Development Trainer.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: April 9, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
PROJECTED START DATE: June 1, 2021
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on April 30, 2021 to be considered.
Design, instruct, and coordinate leadership concepts and training programs both live and via virtual platforms. Work is performed with considerable independence and decision- making authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct leadership development (LD) seminars in area of expertise.
- Negotiate commitments to ensure agreement with AIDT policy.
- Analyze client needs and customizes training to meet those needs.
- Provide consultation to assist clients.
- Market AIDT programs to various civic groups, schools, etc.
- Communicate professionally with company representatives, government officials, the general public and staff.
- Travel extensively in state and out of state as required performing job duties.
- Instruct virtual leadership development seminars.
- Update LD materials for quality and up-to-date content.
- Assist with regional workforce skills training.
- Research and develop new training programs and continuously improve existing programs.
- Develop and write technical reports, findings, recommendations and instruction manuals.
- Maintain research materials, vendor catalogs, AV equipment, etc.
- Recommend purchases of research and seminar materials.
- Revise LD material and provide to LD team.
- Develop and maintain electronic tracking of LD classes.
- Plan and document daily/weekly work schedule.
- Manage AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Utilize AIDT automated tools (electronic calendars, financial processes, work order system, etc.) to manage information flow.
- Document and record project activity through memos, contact reports, project files, etc.
Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. attend career fairs, regional meetings, etc.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of trends pertaining to leadership concepts and techniques.
- Ability to comprehend leadership concepts and resources.
- Ability to research and develop training materials and programs.
- Skill in presenting and modeling leadership concepts to all levels of management.
- Skill in subjective and objective evaluations of programs and people.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Skill in effectively presenting information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple training projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum two years industry or industrial training experience, two years supervisory experience, and Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $54,570 – $71,498. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $23.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $23.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or by email after 1:00 p.m. on April 30, 2021, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email @ email@example.com.
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT TRAINER
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.