AIDT, located in Montgomery, Alabama, is seeking applicants for a (full-time) IT Systems Specialist.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: February 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 22, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: April 1, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019, to be considered.
Works in multiple areas of Information Technology (IT) including, but not limited to, computer administration and support, computer and Internet security, audio-visual, technical assistance and training, backup systems, telecommunications and network maintenance. Supports macOS, iOS and Microsoft Windows. Work is performed primarily in AIDTʼs Montgomery headquarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure and maintain operating systems on staff and training facility workstations, networked scanners and print servers in facilities supported by the IT Division.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of file storage and backup/restore systems for facilities supported by the IT Division. Work with other IT staff to prepare, update and implement disaster recovery plans.
- Stay abreast of new trends and technologies in macOS, iOS and Windows operating systems.
- Assist in management of network infrastructure, including premise wiring, wireless access points and network hardware.
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of VoIP phone systems, phones and extensions.
End User Support:
- Install, repair and maintain computer hardware; coordinate repair services as needed.
- Install, configure and maintain classroom software for customer-specific training programs.
- Install, configure and maintain office automation applications (email, web browser, word processor, calendar, etc.) on end-user workstations.
- Troubleshoot operating system and application problems as they arise; resolve file compatibility problems.
- Communicate planned installations/upgrades and current computer issues/problems to other IT staff.
- Assist with acquisition and assignment of computer workstations, peripherals and software licenses.
- Assist with management of licensing of computer applications and operating systems.
- Identify and recommend for purchase software and computer accessories for specialized needs.
- Organize IT equipment and keep IT’s inventory management system current; submit inventory movement work orders as necessary.
Special Assignments and Projects:
- Actively participate as a member of the IT Division, including planning and coordinating IT work, suggesting and implementing initiatives, etc.
- Accept the development and implementation of special projects, and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinate consultations to assist AIDT clients in area of expertise.
- Participate on employee teams as requested or required; provide required support to other employees.
**At any time, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of AIDT or our customers.**
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with coworkers, customers, and the general public and others as required.
- Document procedures and other activities likely to be carried out by other IT staff.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes.
- Skill in problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot common problems with operating systems, software applications, hardware and networks.
- Ability to implement and maintain information systems.
- Ability to travel between all AIDT sites, primarily in central Alabama. This requires a clean driving record so the employee is insurable.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with staff, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact professionally with co-workers, customers, public officials, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3L are: Baccalaureate
Degree from a duly accredited institution required and one year of recent desktop computer support experience, or Associate’s Degree and three years of recent desktop computer support experience. Additionally, the selected applicant must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles. All minimum qualifications as outlined in AIDT’s Policies and Procedures manual will apply.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,748. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
IT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR AIDT
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.