AIDT in Montgomery, AL is seeking a full-time IT Systems Administrator.
Salary: $56,325 – $80,898
This is not a remote position
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: May 28, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 18, 2021
PROJECTED START DATE: August 2, 2021
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on June 18, 2021, to be considered.
Works in multiple areas of Information Technology (IT). Primary duties include server administration and support work but other duties include network maintenance, telecommunications, Internet security, technical and audio-visual assistance and training. Will support Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Microsoft Windows. Work is performed primarily in Montgomery, but support for and travel to other AIDT locations may also be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems on AIDT computers (Linux, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, and others as adopted by AIDT).
- Assist in installation, configuration, and maintenance of file storage and backup/restore systems for facilities as necessary. Work with other IT staff to prepare, update, and implement disaster recovery plans.
- Stay abreast of new trends and technologies in Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Windows operating systems.
- Assist in management of network infrastructure, including premise wiring, switches, wireless access points, and network hardware.
- Configure and install new telephone extensions; move existing extensions to accommodate office/staff changes.
End User Support:
- Install, repair, and maintain computer hardware. Coordinate repair services as needed.
- Install, configure, and maintain classroom software for customer-specific training programs.
- Install, configure, and maintain office automation applications (email, web browser, word processor, calendar, etc.) on end-user workstations.
- Troubleshoot operating system and application problems as they arise, resolve file compatibility problems.
- Communicate planned installations/upgrades and current computer issues/problems to other IT staff.
- Troubleshoot wireless device management services on iPads, iPhones, laptops.
- Provide general IT assistance for AIDT staff.
- Assist with acquisition and assigning of computer workstations, peripherals, and software licenses
- Assist with management of licensing of computer applications and operating systems.
- Identify and recommend for purchase software and computer accessories for specialized needs.
- Organize IT equipment and keep IT’s inventory management system current; submit inventory movement work orders as necessary.
Special Assignments and Projects:
- Actively participate as a member of the IT Division, including planning and coordinating IT work, suggesting and implementing initiatives, etc.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects, and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Coordinate consultations to assist AIDT clients in area of expertise.
- Participate on employee teams as requested or required.
- Provide required support to other employees.
- At any time, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of AIDT or our customers.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintains housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interacts professionally with coworkers, general public, and others as required.
- Document procedures and other activities likely to be carried out by other IT staff.
- Complies with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes.
- Skill in problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot common problems with operating systems, software applications hardware, and networks.
- Ability to design, implement, and maintain information systems.
- Ability to travel between AIDT offices. This requires a clean driving record so the employee is insurable. Occasional travel to AIDT locations outside of the base location is also required.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with staff, trainees, company officials and the general public.
- Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers & the general public.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required and one year of recent Linux support experience, or Associates Degree, and three years of recent Linux support experience. Additionally, the selected applicant must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles. All minimum qualifications as outlined in AIDT’s Policies and Procedures manual will apply.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $56,325 – $80,898. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $23.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $23.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or by email after 1:00 p.m. on June 18, 2021, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.