AIDT located in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking a full-time Grant Writer.
February 7, 2020
February 21, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE:
April 1, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020 to be considered.
This position will manage and coordinate the grant application and pre-award process including identifying potential new funding sources, developing funding resources, preparing proposals and grant applications, writing and editing grants, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on grant applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for seeking new funding avenues and disseminating the information to the appropriate personnel in the Workforce Development Division.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Federal Programs and Grant Administration and other stakeholders in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals.
- Provide policy guidance and assistance with all aspects of proposal development, administrative forms, sponsor-required certifications and representations, and compliance requirements.
- Advise and assist the Assistant Director of Federal Programs and Grant Administration in the development of grant proposals from the application stage to project award.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify, draft or write, and edit grant proposals.
- Maintain funding opportunity databases and track pending awards; track deadlines to ensure proposals are submitted on time; track when grantees need to submit renewals and prepare grant reports as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of Federal Programs and Grant Administration with editing, standardizing or making changes to materials prepared by other writers.
- Assist with developing and deploying the annual grant strategy/plan.
- Partner with the appropriate areas of the Workforce Development Division to transition grant administration upon award.
- Research and provide information, as needed, to clarify and resolve problems.
- Accept other special projects and performs other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Must maintain a highly professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance (regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer research skills using databases, web sites, and search engines to research funding sources.
- Ability to utilize a PC and related hardware and software including Microsoft applications such as Word or Excel to enter, format, sort and analyze information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department stakeholders.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and manage complicated tasks.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures, as detailed in the AIDT policy manual.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred with a major in English, writing, journalism, communications, marketing, or closely related field.
- Two or more years of professional experience writing grants or grants management working with federal and state programs/projects.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Drivers License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E1 salary schedule, within a range of $50,650 – $65,472. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on February 21, 2020, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.