AIDT/Department of Commerce in Montgomery, AL is seeking a full time
Executive Administrator for the Alabama Workforce Council.
$55,661 – $72,928
This is not a remote position.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: April 29, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 20, 2022
PROJECTED START DATE: July 1, 2022
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on May 20, 2022 to be considered.
Manages and is responsible for the Alabama Workforce Council (AWC) administrative duties. Provides high level administrative work in support of the Alabama Workforce Council, AWC committees, and in coordination with the Governor’s Office of Education and Workforce Transformation (GOEWT). A person in this position requires considerable initiative and independent judgment and interpersonal skills in working with elected officials, employees at all levels, and the general public.
Alabama Workforce Council Executive Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all AWC Administrative activities.
- Coordinates and schedules rental space for the AWC quarterly meetings with local hotels.
- Orders and secures food, drinks, and refreshments for the AWC members and guests.
- Coordinates support for all electronic equipment for audio and visual requirements with the Communications department and hotel.
- Coordinates, develops, and distributes names badges to AWC Members and guests during the meetings.
- Ensures AWC council member listings are maintained and up-to-date.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Alabama Open Meeting information on state website.
- Assists in the development and coordination of the AWC Annual Report for the Governor.
- Assists AWC committee chairs as needed, to include meeting notices and any other committee requirements and needs.
- Capable of meeting with AWC leadership after hours and on weekends when needed.
- Assists with meetings, interviews, classes, seminars, conferences, appointments, and travel arrangements as needed.
- Works closely with Commerce/AIDT Administrative Support team as needed.
- Processes correspondence.
- Prepares reports.
- Creates Oracle requisitions to secure office supplies and equipment.
- Processes requests for needed resources and services.
- Distributes written and other communications.
- Accepts and manages the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and procedures as set out by the AWC.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintains housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interacts professionally with co-workers, general public and others as required.
- Complies with AWC policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes.
- Proficient in proofreading and copy editing.
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AWC processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Possesses an awareness of workforce development policy issues.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to lead others in a team-based environment.
- Possesses self-motivation and individual initiative. .
- Possesses impeccable emotional intelligence.
- Ability to convene diverse stakeholders with multiple viewpoints toward a single goal.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
All minimum qualifications as outlined by the AWC, GOEWT and/or Commerce/AIDT will apply. Two years’ experience in workforce/economic development required. Formal education is preferred but not required. Applicants will be evaluated based on their mastery of the required competencies.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $55,661 – $72,928. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included. Criminal Background Check: The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $24.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $24.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check. Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on May 20, 2022, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at execadminAWC@aidt.edu
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
Executive ADMINISTRATOR for the AWC
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.