AIDT in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking applicants for a (full-time) Event Support Technician.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: November 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: January 2, 2020
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on November 15, 2019 to be considered.
Perform scheduling, operations, and administrative work at AIDT’s Montgomery training center (George Howard Training Center). Provide technical assistance with video and audio equipment to AIDT staff and guests, including troubleshooting computer audio-video output, and presentation software problems. Work requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain composed under pressure. Requires occasional travel to provide similar technical assistance at AIDT facilities in other cities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage scheduling of George Howard Training Center rooms, communicating and coordinating with internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and plan the arrangement of furniture and equipment in rooms, lobby, etc. to meet the requirements of AIDT-conducted training classes.
- Work with guests to ensure compliance with AIDT rules regarding facility usage; work with IT management to update or add rules as needed.
- Monitor the physical condition of the training center and included training furniture; work with AIDT staff, janitorial services, and appropriate service vendors to address cleaning, repairs, and maintenance.
- Monitor the condition of audio-visual equipment in the training center; work with IT staff to upgrade or repair as needed.
Audio-Visual/Presentation Technical Assistance:
- Assist AIDT staff and guests with audio-visual equipment in the George Howard Training Center as required, including connecting and troubleshooting computer audio, computer video, microphones, projectors, or flat-panel displays.
- Travel to other AIDT facilities as needed to assist AIDT staff and guests with audio-visual equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to AIDT staff coordinating or conducting meetings at non-AIDT facilities.
IT Operations Support:
- Provide guidance on audio-visual equipment operation for designated IT staff to ensure continuity of operations.
- Assist with IT asset management and general equipment maintenance tasks.
- Answer general computer support calls from AIDT staff, refer cases to IT staff as needed.
Special Assignments and Projects:
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects, and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Actively participate as a member of the IT Division, including planning/coordinating work, suggesting/implementing initiatives, etc.
- Participate on employee teams as requested or required.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Document procedures and other activities likely to be carried out by other IT staff.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance (regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes, including filing skills.
- Skilled in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work.
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems. Macintosh computer experience preferred; hands-on computer experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to maintain a highly professional appearance and attitude at all times.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule E2 are: High School diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization required.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Drivers License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E2 salary schedule, within a range of $45,725 – $60,548. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on November 15, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
EVENT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.