AIDT at the Bill Taylor Institute – MBUSI in Vance, AL is seeking applicants for Electrical Instructor Training Coordinator.
$65,872 – $96,210
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: February 24, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 17, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: May 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 17, 2023 to be considered. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Provide technical instruction, course development, and training coordination in support of the Institute’s internal apprenticeship program(s), technical programs, maintenance gap training, basic electrical training, and any other training identified, as required.
Specific Required Technical Skills:
Design, develop, and present training program curriculum using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and Excel; Facilitate learning and proctor assessments on various skills including, but not limited to electrical safety skills, basic electrical, intermediate electrical & advanced electrical as they relate to current, voltage, Ohm’s Law, Series and Parallel circuits; transfer knowledge from instructor to adult learners, help students learn how to solve equations and demonstrate how to apply the fundamental laws of electricity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver effective instruction in area(s) of expertise for classes based on customer requests – based on business needs for various shifts, in a classroom at the MBUSI Vehicle Plant, Battery Plant, or Training Center.
- Develop required curriculum: course lesson plans, exercises, projects, and examinations.
- Request approval, order, organize and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for course instruction.
- Coordinate classes with outside vendors on specialized equipment or parts when required.
- Conduct excellent classroom training sessions and in-lab practical instruction using specific software and hardware tools.
- Evaluate student performance: maintain student records of attendance and grades, both electronic and hard copies, as required; collect, evaluate, and record daily student journals; professionally inform students of their progress throughout the course(s).
- Work with MBUSI, the Project Manager, the Program Coordinator, and within the instructor group to ensure cooperation and willingness to perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Assist in developing and administering class schedules, while maintaining flexibility to facilitate day shift or evening shift as requested by supervisor and/or customer.
- Assist in the placement of program graduates, when required.
- Participate in AIDT and MBUSI meetings, when required.
- Assist in developing any forms/templates/documentation required.
- Perform all other duties as required by AIDT.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Remain open to flexible work hours to accommodate training requests.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with coworkers, general public, and others.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Credible competency in basic electricity, electrical systems, electrical troubleshooting, circuit components, and reading electrical schematics.
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Windows OS & file system, Outlook, and Teams
- Excellent instructional skills; ability to effectively present and transfer knowledge of technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to create complex class schedules, based on availability of multiple resources such as rooms, instructors, and equipment to meet program needs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet competing deadlines as demands evolve.
- Ability to safely operate office equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, and copiers.
- Ability to set up classrooms and lift training materials and other job-related specific equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining accountability to others.
- Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental, and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to learn and train others on new emerging technologies and technical literature.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs, some evening classes as well.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Preferred Experience and Credentials:
- Teaching Experience
- Electrician Certification or License(s)
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Minimum ten years’ experience in appropriate area of specialization; or two-year degree in area of specialization and five years industry or industrial training experience in area of specialization.
This position will require flexible hours, including facilitating evening classes.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the T3U salary schedule, within a range of $65,872 – $96,210. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on March 17, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ELECTRICAL INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COORDINATOR – BTI
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR, AD OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.