AIDT in Montgomery, AL is seeking applicants for a full-time Communications Coordinator for AlabamaWorks!
$59,750 – $85,817
This is NOT a remote position.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 20, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 10, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: April 3, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on January 20, 2023 to be considered.
Provide strategic public relations support to the Alabama Workforce brand (AlabamaWorks!) and the Alabama Workforce Council. Must be able to serve as a brand ambassador, meet the needs of Alabama Workforce Council members and committees, as directed by the chair of the Alabama Workforce Council, and keep the stakeholders and public informed of branding efforts. Seek ways to further enhance the branding of AlabamaWorks! and the Alabama Workforce Council, as well as develop an annual marketing plan through analysis of current market data and trends and the input of Alabama Workforce Council members. The work will involve maintenance of positive interaction with internal and external customers and clients, which will include extensive in-state travel. This position reports to the AIDT Communications Department Leadership and the chair of the Alabama Workforce Council.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to research and draft information in support of a variety of communications materials including marketing collateral; newsletters and employee communications; press releases and fact sheets.
- Develop public relations, social media, and industry marketing programs and initiatives.
- Assist in conveying information to the media, etc. as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
- Develop positioning recommendations, guide market research analysis, and define brand elements and tone.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with members of the news media.
- Oversee and coordinate vendor contracts/fulfillment.
- Distribute news releases and other PR products, develop and maintain media lists, gather metrics, and perform other research.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of monthly (AlabamaWorks! and Alabama Workforce Council) newsletters.
- Assist in the production of Alabama Workforce Council webinars and presentations.
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of special events, meetings, and activities.
- Maintain current media list within our organizational database and use it to track media contacts.
- Create and coordinate production schedules with assigned vendor.
- Write copy and brand strategy documents for a variety of print and digital products, including, but not limited to, news releases, social media posts, magazine and newsletter articles, op-eds, and web-based copy.
- Develop social media posts and associated imagery and tracking metrics as well as respond to comments and questions.
- Address the PR/Marketing needs of the Alabama Workforce Council and Regional Workforce Councils.
- Assist with tracking and distribution of media coverage.
- Collaborate with creative teams.
- Ability to shoot and edit digital photos and video for multi-platform use.
- Accept special projects, and perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Communicate with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Coordinate and account for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to proof, edit, fact-check, and analyze data
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Understanding of branding, layout, messaging, and composition
- Attention to detail is a must
- Working experience with videography and video editing software
- Working knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft products
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize on the go
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3M are: Minimum three years’ experience in appropriate area of specialization and Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $59,750 – $85,817. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on January 20, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ALABAMAWORKS! COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR, AD OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.