AIDT at the Alabama Workforce Training Center (AWTC) in Birmingham, AL is seeking a full-time Project Manager.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: November 20, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 11, 2020
PROJECTED START DATE: March 1, 2021
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on December 11, 2020, to be considered.
Coordinate work force recruitment, selection, and training and development programs for new and expanding industries within the State of Alabama. Work is performed with considerable independence and decision-making authority.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine trainee screening criteria.
- Remain current on employment laws.
- Generate recruiting ads.
- Collect and screen trainee applications.
- Establish interviewing schedule.
- Interview potential trainees with company personnel.
- Coordinate correspondence to trainees.
- Determine appropriate number of trainees to select for training.
- Perform job/task analysis and coordinate the development of lesson plans and outlines.
- Recruit, select, and train instructors.
- Assist in identifying and acquiring training resources.
- Communicate professionally with company representatives, government officials, the general public, and staff.
- Negotiate provisions of the LOC to ensure agreement with AIDT policy and financial guidelines.
- Develop project timeline based on client staffing schedule.
Training Program Administration:
- Coordinate multiple training projects concurrently.
- Manage AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluate and counsel trainees; dropping them from programs when necessary.
- Evaluate instructors.
- Revise training programs as needed.
- Maintain positive working relationship with company personnel.
- Ensure programs are conducted within the provisions of the LOC and AIDT guidelines.
- Travel extensively in and out of state as required to perform job duties.
Planning and Administration
- Plan and document daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain project schedule, reports, outlines, etc.
- Process project invoices and roll sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Contribute to and extract from the information flow of the Institute using automated tools.
- Accept and manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws that apply to recruitment, selection, and training.
- Knowledge of human resource management procedures as they apply to the sound operations of business and industry.
- Knowledge of basic technical processes.
- Skill in technical training development and administration.
- Skill in subjective and objective evaluations of programs and people.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups in a classroom, lab, or shop environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple training projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications of salary schedule C3L are: Minimum two years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in specialization and one year industry or industrial training experience. Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $23.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $23.75 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $54,570 – $71,498. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included. Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on December 11, 2020, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.