AIDT, located in Montgomery, Alabama, is seeking applicants for Assistant Manager of Human Resources.
February 22, 2019
March 15, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE:
May 1, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019, to be considered.
Assist the Human Resources Manager with daily management activities of the human resources division. Provide high-level administrative work in support of the Institute’s external customers, internal staff, and appropriate divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources Management Assistant Manager:
- Assist the division manager with the daily activities of the Human Resources division.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with filling full time positions following the AIDT Uniform Guidelines and Policies.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with keeping Personnel Files current.
- Manage and keep confidential all employee information and permanent personnel files.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with managing and processing all required paperwork for pre- and post-hire of new employees.
- Process all staff background check information internally and with appropriate agencies.
- Prepare vendor requisitions for background checks and maintain all background check files.
- Process all project related requests to fill positions, i.e. instructional staff.
- Process and maintain all E-Verify data and documentation, ensuring AIDT stays compliant with Federal guidelines.
Employee Training and Development Management:
- Plan and develop staff training activities: develop and conduct training needs assessments; consult with department directors to determine employee training needs.
- Develop training and employee development programs/materials by researching topics and viewing/evaluating training videos, programs, and materials.
- Plan and develop training program methodologies, materials, curriculum, and presentations; develop and maintain computer database of training program activities and participants.
- Coordinate specialized training for staff development. Contact and interview consultants and program facilitators to ensure program quality.
- Monitor and evaluate training programs presented by consultants and program facilitators to ensure the quality of instruction and the achievement of program goals.
- May provide assistance to the Director in problem resolution on a variety of employee training and development issues as directed by HR manager.
- Prepare reports of training activities to Director and division managers as needed.
- Receive and process potential employee background check information.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with all other personnel & human resources functions and activities as requested.
- Manage the development and implementation of special projects and other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by HR Manager.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes.
- Knowledge of current employment laws, including EEOC and ADA laws and ability to integrate that knowledge into current policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of industrial training procedures, workflow, scheduling, and planning.
- High level of skill with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to train staff and other employees in AIDT processes and current HR laws.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to supervise employees in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3L are: Minimum two years experience in appropriate area of specialization; and Baccalaureate Degree in Human Resources Management from a duly accredited institution is required.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,748. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
Assistant Manager, Human Resources
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.