AIDT at the Alabama Robotics Technology Park (RTP) located in Tanner, Alabama is seeking applicants for a (full-time) Advanced Manufacturing Coordinator/Instructor.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: August 30, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 20, 2019
PROJECTED START DATE: November 1, 2019
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on September 20, 2019, to be considered.
Provide coordination and instruction for advanced manufacturing training at Robotics Technology Park (RTP). This person will be responsible for developing and training in industry needed areas related to robotics, 3D modeling and printing with other related areas included as needed. This person will participate as a team member in the implementation of the Park’s mission, vision and strategic plan in conjunction with the Executive Advisory Board, RTP staff, and AIDT management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work to maintain the role, scope and mission of RTP. This will include working with the robot/automation vendors, educational, community and industry partners to implement training and education strategies related to industry needs in robotics and advanced manufacturing.
- Obtain and maintain industry credentials in vendor specific certifications as needed.
- Develop a class schedule and administer course offerings.
- Maintain equipment in specified areas related to instruction area.
- Work with industry to maintain open lines of communication of needs and trends.
- Work with appropriate RTP staff to maintain inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies for troubleshooting, analysis, design and program implementation.
- Assist with mobile training unit when needed. This may require overnight travel.
- Perform all duties with a positive attitude; communicating professionally at all times to reflect a positive AIDT image.
- Work with RTP staff and AIDT management directly to meet the needs of new and existing Alabama industry as it relates to automation and robotic technology training.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in RTP Policy and AIDT Policy.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Comply with RTP Policy regarding attendance. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to interact and coordinate technical training with company officials, trainees, other service providers, staff, and the general public.
- Knowledge of industrial process, advanced technology systems and software/program development.
- Knowledge of the Cartesian Coordinate Systems.
- Ability to backup, manage and restore files related to robotics and/or programming.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend and translate technical literature and processes.
- Skilled in subjective and objective evaluations of people and projects.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups in a classroom, shop or lab environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on project needs.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently, or as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Prior experience in at least one of the following work areas is required: Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Design, Advanced Technology R&D, Robotics, or Enterprise Development.
- Experience as a trainer or instructor.
- Strong visioning capability, commitment to mission, and work ethic.
- Experience in production/automation technology.
- Experience with 3D software, Parametric design/modeling, 3D printers and maintenance.
- Industry recognized certifications related to the above areas.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $56,325 – $80,898. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on September 20, 2019, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
ADVANCED MANUFACTURING COORDINATOR/INSTRUCTOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR AIDT
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.