AIDT in Huntsville, AL is seeking applicants for Administrative Coordinator.
$48,505 – $64,229
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 13, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: March 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on January 27, 2023 to be considered.
This position provides high-level administrative and clerical support to AIDT’s mission at the AIDT Assessment Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform receptionist functions: answer phones, greet and direct trainees/visitors to appropriate classrooms/personnel.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate computer software applications such as Microsoft applications, the AIDT portal, 4D database, and other internal databases.
- Adhere to uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Project Manager and other staff by performing duties such as, but not limited to typing, editing, processing, proofreading, copying, categorizing, and filing letters, memos, reports, forms, notes, and other internal and external documentation and communications.
- Perform administrative functions as needed, to include the development and review of spreadsheets, reports, curriculum, and other correspondence.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, interviews, classes, seminars, conferences, appointments, and prepare expense reports.
- Assist in reviewing and scheduling applications for pre-employment process.
- Communicate processes and information with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- Accept special projects and perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in data entry and the daily functions of the 4D database as determined by the Project Manager and assist trainees and applicants with inquiries regarding training schedules.
- Operate all available office equipment to ensure a steady work flow (i.e. personal computer, scanner, folding machine, postage machine, etc.)
- Coordinate, assign, and manage the activities of the part-time administrative support staff assigned to the project, including new hire paperwork, monthly time sheets, etc.
- Process purchase requisitions using Oracle.
- Perform inventory of necessary supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Attend meetings and sit-in for Project Manager when needed.
- Backup support for production proctor to oversee trainee(s) complete assessments.
- Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Comply with laws and with all policies and procedures as set out in the AIDT Policy Manual.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; set goals and objectives.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Keep confidences and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ask for or offer help when needed.
- Treat co-workers, general public, trainees, company officials, and others with respect and consideration as required, regardless of their status or position.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, requests for service, and assistance.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Listen and get clarification; respond professionally to questions.
- Give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes.
- Knowledge of industrial training procedures, workflow, scheduling, and planning.
- Skilled in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work.
- High level of skill with Macintosh computer applications, including MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint applications for the Mac.
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule E2 are: Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization.
- Areas of specialization in clerical, secretarial, or administrative services.
- Must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E2 salary schedule, within a range of $48,505– $64,229. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on January 27, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR MTMUS
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR, AD OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.