AIDT at the Alabama Workforce Training Center in Birmingham, AL is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant.
($43,280 – $59,002)
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: January 20, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 3, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: March 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on February 3, 2023 to be considered.
Provide high-level administrative assistance to center staff including but not limited to typing, faxing, editing, processing, proofreading, copying, categorizing, and filing letters, memos, forms, reports, notes, and other internal and external documentation and communications for AIDT training projects in Birmingham, Alabama, specifically for the Alabama Workforce Training Center (AWTC).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor front entrance and greet trainees/guests in a professional manner
- Log meeting notes and publish minutes
- Schedule meetings, center activities, interviews, and classes
- Process correspondence to internal and external customers
- Process and input course documentation
- Assist with inputting and maintaining accurate and current training records aligned with ISO standards
- Assist with maintaining and updating training database records
- Distribute written and other communications to appropriate staff
- Maintain a positive attitude when communicating with center staff and visitors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Receive and distribute office mail
- Assist with monitoring facility activity by cameras & surrounding awareness
- Review training rooms and facility to ensure spaces are ready for use at all times
- Electronically file training documents
- Contact trainees via phone/mail to deliver training completion certifications
- Answer AWTC phone and direct individuals and messages accordingly
- Serve as backup purchasing expert for the AWTC
- Update publicly displayed information daily, to include, training TV display, door signs, etc.
- Monitor facility use requests & update training schedule
- Monitor office and janitorial supply inventory
- Provide guests with technical/AV/clerical assistance as needed
- Create certificates for trainees
- Assist with planning of facility events
- Coordinate facility use requests
- Assist with updating and maintaining center website information
- Contact trainees and company personnel to confirm trainee attendance
- Assist with registering training applicants and creating client accounts
- Assist with class advertisement efforts
- Correspond with other departments using internal modes of communication, in order to assist or complete tasks/ assignments
- Participate in community outreach to increase public awareness of AWTC
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance, and workplace ethics
- Communicate professionally with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public
- Plan daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision
- Coordinate and account for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes
- Skilled in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff
- Ability to learn AIDT processes and job-specific systems
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures, as detailed in the AIDT policy manual
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness
- Ability to function in a team-based environment
- Ability to comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
- Ability to travel when necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule E3 are: Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or three years work experience in appropriate area of specialization.
- Areas of specialization in clerical, secretarial, or administrative services.
- Must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the E3 salary schedule, within a range of $43,280– $59,002. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver’s License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or email after 1:00 p.m. on February 3, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. Successful applicants will be notified by email. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AWTC
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR, AD OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.