Posting date: September 7, 2011
Closure date: September 21, 2011
Anticipated Fill Date: October 3, 2011
POSITION: MARITIME WELDING PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR (PART-TIME)
This posting will fill (1) Pipe Fitting Instructor position.
Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization; or five (5) years journeyman work experience in appropriate area of specialization.
NCCER Craft Trainer preferred.
A mandatory 24 hour NCCER Craft Training class prior to the offer of employment.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK:
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $22.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
• A person in this position must be able to design, develop, coordinate, and instruct technical pipe fitting training programs.
• Prepare instructional materials in the above subject areas using and computer skills in word processors, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
• Develop course lesson plans, exercises, and practical/written examinations.
• Administer written and practical examinations to trainees in numerous different skill areas.
• Design, develop, and construct training material and aides for numerous skill areas.
• Evaluate, report, and make recommendations on trainee progress.
• Perform duties with considerable independence and decision-making authority with minimum of supervision.
• Prepare and deliver oral and written presentations in areas of expertise.
• Comply with all policies and procedures regarding punctuality, attendance and workplace ethics.
• Plans daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
• Coordinates and accounts for AIDT resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
• Ability to function in an automated work environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and function in a team-based environment.
• Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
• Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
• Comprehend technical literature and processes.
• Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
• Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
• Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a classroom or lab environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
This is a part-time hourly pay position. The salary will be within the $22.00 – $25.00 per hour range, based on education and experience. Paid monthly.
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on September 21, 2011. Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on September 21, 2011, will not be accepted for review. Interviews are by selection only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense and time to the interview site.
SEND DETAILED RESUME TO:
PIPE FITTING INSTRUCTOR
AIDT Maritime Training Center
Attn: Melinda Ladnier
P.O. Box 2684
Mobile, AL 36652-2684
It is the policy of AIDT to provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, or gender, as provided by federal and state law. AIDT is an equal opportunity employer.