Full Time Position of OVERHEAD CRANE INSTRUCTOR
based at the
ThyssenKrupp Steel and Stainless Project in
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: March 25, 2011
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 8, 2011
PROJECTED START DATE: April 18, 2011
POSITION: OVERHEAD CRANE INSTRUCTOR
POSITION SUMMARY: Instructional position in the Crane field.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED certificate and two years additional college training in appropriate area of specialization and three years of work experience; or high school diploma or GED certificate and five years work experience required. A current Overhead Crane Operator, Train- the-Trainer Certificate from a nationally recognized 3rd party training operation is required. Formal training and/or an associate’s degree in appropriate area of specialization are a plus. Additionally, all potential employees of AIDT must have a valid Alabama driver’s license and meet the minimum policy requirements to be insured to operate AIDT vehicles.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND C H E C K : In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $22.75 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop course lesson plans, exercises, and examinations.
• Order, organize, and maintain all supplies and equipment needed for classroom instruction.
• Conduct classroom training sessions and in-lab practical instruction using modern instructional techniques.
• Maintain records of daily attendance and test grades.
• Evaluate the progress of the class.
• Coordinate classes with outside vendors on specialized equipment and parts.
• Comply with AIDT policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
• Communicates professionally and respectfully,with staff,company representatives, government officials, and the general public.
• Plans daily/weekly work schedule without direct supervision.
• Coordinates and accounts for AIDT resources within assigned area(s)of responsibility .
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
4. Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
5. Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
6. Skill in comprehending technical literature and processes.
7. Knowledge of technical trends pertaining to new technologies.
8. Knowledge of industrial training and retraining procedures.
9. Ability to comply with all pertinent safety, environmental and other local, state and federal laws and regulations.
10. Ability to effectively present technical information to groups in a class room or lab environment.
11. Ability to work flexible hours based on program needs.
12. Ability to set and meet deadlines and to handle multiple training projects concurrently.
13. Ability to work in an automated work environment.
S A L A R Y: Initial placement will be on the E1 salary schedule within a range of $45.687 to $47,469. Placement within the salary range will be determined by the applicants experience and education relative to the specified requirements of the position. Salary is paid monthly. Excellent benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Resumues/Applications must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on April 8, 2011. Resumes/Applications received after 1:00 p.m. on April 8, 2011, will not be accepted for review. Interviews are by selection only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at personal expense and time to the interview site.
SEND DETAILED RESUME OR AIDT APPLICATION TO:
OVERHEAD CRANE INSTRUCTOR
Attn: Olga Harris
AIDT – TK Training Center
P .O. Box 349 Calvert, AL 36513
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.